Vauxhall Combo - vauxhall combo 2003 1.7dti isuzu engine wont start - matt19162

hi i have a 2003 vauxhall combo that sometimes wont start when cold but will start with a jump start or a small push.when it is hot sometimes it will start other times it wont.the engine management light does come on sometimes and when i pluged it in the fault it said was the egr valve.someone told me it could be a heating unit at the back of the engine,or if i put a very strong battery in it.so if anyone came across this problem or knows what the problem is i would be very grateful.thanks

Vauxhall Combo - vauxhall combo 2003 1.7dti isuzu engine wont start - doofer

As it starts with a jump or a small push I'd be checking for a weak or unsuitable battery. A quick look around online suppliers suggests you need at least 610 CCA and 71Ah, some recommend a 750 amp/74Ah, check the label on yours.

Kwik-fit, ATS, Halfords etc. all offer free battery testing so no reason not to check it.

Edited by doofer on 08/04/2012 at 14:50

hi thanks for the advice i must check the battery so!!

hi just checked there my battery is 72ah i wonder will i get a stronger battery?

Vauxhall Combo - vauxhall combo 2003 1.7dti isuzu engine wont start - 1litregolfeater

Probably the rubbish time expired 80,000 mile Hitachi equipment they fitted these engines with.

Starter motor, alternator, wipers.

Made in Japan you laugh! No, made right here in Great Britain.

We should be ashamed of ourselves.

hi sorry i dont understand what you mean??

Vauxhall Combo - vauxhall combo 2003 1.7dti isuzu engine wont start - doofer

Best to get the battery tested first, all batteries get weak over time.

Vauxhall Combo - vauxhall combo 2003 1.7dti isuzu engine wont start - 1litregolfeater

I mean the Hitachi name is normally considerered a trademark of quality, probably made in Japan and over-engineered by armies of obsessed young ladies armed only with soldering irons and perfect eyesight and dedication to quality.

Sort of like their electronic consumer goods.

But depressingly this is most definitely not the case with the Hitachi marked components fitted to Vauxhalls.

I think their starter motors and alternators were bashed out of recycled scrap in the cause of some government scheme.

More depressingly, these poor Hitachi components are actually marked "Made in UK", as if to distance them from the Japan Hitachi.