BMW 320d E46 2002 - Loss of power on car a little smokey - iworld

I have recently purchased a E46 320d 150bhp on a 2002 plate. I notce when i drive up hills that it has no torque and occasionally it smokes a little but goes away - it is not white smoke. I am concered that the Turbo is not kicking in a full twilt or it could be somethings else. What are the tell-tale signs to look out for. I think it could eb the Air mass meter as was suggested or it could be a pipe. It has been garaged by the previous owner for 6 months and has only done over 1000 miles since its last MOT in August. Can ayone help?

BMW 320d E46 2002 - Loss of power on car a little smokey - unthrottled

Check EGR pipe and intake pipes from intercooler. There's probably a leak somewhere. If it is smoking under acceleration than the MAF has 'seen' the airflow and it has got lost en route to the engine. If the MAF provides an implausible value, then the ECU will ignore the MAF data and go into limp home mode ie provide restricted but smoke free power.

BMW 320d E46 2002 - Loss of power on car a little smokey - adio

hello i have the same problem with the same car .... and i`m try`n to undestand what means MAF and ECU i have to try your way .... i changed my turbocharger 2 times so far and my power is like 60-70% so far.