Ford Focus - rough running white smoke on 2008 focus 1.6tdci - TR7

I hope someone can help I have a 2008 focus 1.6tdci. Started to run rough and hesitates when accelerating. Also white smoke at high revs.This started last week intermittently but now doing it all the time. Any Ideas?

I hope someone can help I have a 2008 focus 1.6tdci. Started to run rough and hesitates when accelerating. Also white smoke at high revs.This started last week intermittently but now doing it all the time. Any Ideas?

Seems like a misfire Can anyone help local dealer stumped too

Ford Focus - rough running white smoke on 2008 focus 1.6tdci - MikeTorque

It could be a number of things such as head gasket leaking, fuel injector fractured or faulty, engine breather blocked, water contamination in fuel tank, mass air flow (MAF) sensor faulty.

Suggest you start by checking injectors and MAF functions.

Thanks Mike Ford dealer wants to strip engine telling me £1200+. Are they having me on?

Ford Focus - rough running white smoke on 2008 focus 1.6tdci - rcbikeracer

white smoke would indicate the cylinder head gasket, other faults should throw up an engine management light on the dash and an error code for the dealer to check !

When I say white its not pure white as HG fault. There is no water in oil. It done this and corrected itself a couple of weeks ago leading me to believe its a component i.e. Maf sensor.

Intake manifold gasket failure can cause white smoke. Put some soapy fluid around it and see if it bubbles anywhere. Check fuel injectors and MAF unit are functioning ok.

Could also be cracked intercooler manifolds or intercooler pipes.

Any update news on this issue ?

Ford main dealer checked injectors no fault found. quoted me £1200+vat to strip engine and that similar problem cost customer £1700 all in. The car gas FSH and 64k on clock

Now are they stitching me up?

Because I need a car to do my job approx 1k miles a week I traded it in somewhere else and got a Hyundai i30!

Difficult to know what the cost would have been trying to sort out the Focus without definative diagnostics, stripping the engine would have cost a lot and the car would have been off the road for a while.

Faced with 1k miles per week you need a reliable car, hopefully the i30 will provide such motoring. Which engine did you go for and how are you finding the i30 to drive and live with ?

Difficult to know what the cost would have been trying to sort out the Focus without definative diagnostics, stripping the engine would have cost a lot and the car would have been off the road for a while.

Faced with 1k miles per week you need a reliable car, hopefully the i30 will provide such motoring. Which engine did you go for and how are you finding the i30 to drive and live with ?

I got a 1.6CDi 3 years old very impressed so far. Quite responsive drives more like a petrol. Getting 48mpg at the moment.

Good choice, I found the 1.6 CDRi engine a lot more responsive than the 1.6 TDCi engine, only downsides are the 1.6 CDRi tends to boom a bit around 1500rpm and uses a bit more fuel, the all round disk brakes on the i30 are superb, much better than on the Focus.

Enjoy the i30, plus you still have plenty of warranty left as well which offers piece of mind.

Good choice, I found the 1.6 CDRi engine a lot more responsive than the 1.6 TDCi engine, only downsides are the 1.6 CDRi tends to boom a bit around 1500rpm and uses a bit more fuel, the all round disk brakes on the i30 are superb, much better than on the Focus.

Enjoy the i30, plus you still have plenty of warranty left as well which offers piece of mind.

I agree just done Manchester to Bedford and got 49mpg and I was pushing it. Hyundai garage put new front discs and pads on after I bought it and didn't even charge me. this was after I haggled the price down impressed by them.