VW Transporter combi - any similar type vans out t - japdriver

Hello all,

I have 4 young children and have been looking at the VW transporter combi van as a leisure vehicle. No one seems to make a 6+ seater people carrier that also has enough luggage space for a two week camping trip etc. Its all seats and no space!

The transporter combi (or conversion) really appeals - it has at least 6 seats, and also loads of space to chuck your tent/bikes/kiddie bits etc in as well.

Only drawback seems to be price. God they are expensive - looking at £13000 ish including VAT for a 5 year old sensible mileage one.....I know, I know, you get what you pay for etc, but are there any cheaper alternatives out there?

Must have at least 6 seats with proper seat belts (not lap belts), must NOT be an auto, my wife won't drive one, has to be reasonably economical eg 30+ mpg, and most importantly, its got to have luggage space and the seats at the same time!

All avice gratefully received, I am not a van expert so I am sure there are other models out there, I just see VW transporters with the seats in the back everywhere....or so it seems!

Cheers

Mark

VW Transporter combi - any similar type vans out t - mss1tw

How about a Transit Tourneo?

How about a Transit Tourneo?

Thanks for your advice, I will go and do some research on them. Cheers!

VW Transporter combi - any similar type vans out t - daveyjp

Citroen Dispatch Combi/Peugeot Expert Tepee/Hyundai i800

We rented a Citroen in Tenerife and spent three days covering the island. 3 rows of three adn a decent load area, but take out the rear seats and you have half the vehicle for 'stuff'

Edited by daveyjp on 24/02/2012 at 13:53

VW Transporter combi - any similar type vans out t - Auristocrat
Have you looked at the Volkswagen Caddy Maxi Life?

Thanks for your ideas, having a trawl through the autotrader website to see what they are all like.

So far the Citroen/Peugeot models look good, taking the back seats out leaves a huge load space and 6 seats, the VW Caddy seems to only have 2 seats in the front, so all three rows would be needed for the 6 of us, cutting boot space down.

I knew asking you knowledgable people would be the way to go, I hadn't even heard of the Tippee/despatch models!

All the ebst,

Mark

VW Transporter combi - any similar type vans out t - Avant

I think the Hyundai i800 is an 8-seater and thus worth a look.

Ask Honest John

Value my car