Skoda Superb Estate - Which Skoda is more reliability - 5cylinderdiesel

Hi

I’m new to the forum and would appreciate any feedback. I would love to buy a Superb Estate as a family car to keep for a long time. Resources are not limitless, so I have to keep overall cost over 10 years and roughly 170 000 miles in mind. I read of many issues on forums with various VAG engines like the 1.4 Tsi engines, however it sounds like the 122 bhp one is fine. Is that correct? The 1.6 TDi is obviously like the 1.4 Tsi a small engine in a large car; would they be working too hard? Looking at both the 1.6 TDi and 2.0 TDi common rail engines - do they, from what we know at the moment, have similar issues like the 2.0 PD engine had with it's oil pump and Siemens piezo injector or have VAG corrected their faults now? (I don't think I've read of any issues with the latest VAG common rail diesels, or are they also problematic)? Assume that I never rev a cold engine over 2500 rpm and a warm one never over 4000 rpm, I service my cars like clock work and drive 15 miles motorway each way to work daily (which I think is good enough for DPF). Taking into consideration things like turbo's; injectors; DMF; DPF and whatever else they bolt on to these engines, which of the above 3 engines, with our current knowledge, should require the least repairs (ignoring fuel and tax etc for the moment)?

Many thanks

Skoda Superb Estate - Which Skoda is more reliability - Avant

Moved to Motoring discussion section.

Is you mileage simply your 15-mile commute, or do you do a higher mileage at weekends? If you do more than 15,000 a year, the 2.0 common-rail diesel should suit you fine. If not, think about the 1.8 TSI petrol. Too small an engine in a big car will mean that you have to use plenty of acceleration to make reasonable progress, with the resutling penalty on fuel consumption. Thus the bigger engines are little if at all less economical.

Skoda Superb Estate - Which Skoda is more reliability - 5cylinderdiesel

Hi, I've made a typo I actually do 17 miles each way of which 11 miles is on motorway and the rest is on a B raod doing a good 55mph. (Annual is around 17 - 18 000 miles in our family car which this will be). That's the worse case scenario as my wife will use it mostly and she does 28 miles each way on motorway daily. Yes, we will always use it over weekends and that can be anything from a 20 mile trip to a 1 hour trip to somewhere. We also do a trip to London every 2 months (75 miles each way down A1). I try to take the revs up to 4000 rpm through the gears at least once a week when I'm driving it. Is the new common rail diesel from VW better than the 2.0 PD with all it's issues? And is the 1.4 Tsi (122ps) also better than teh 160ps model?