Hyundai Santa Fe - Buying new, model change later in the year - sydney the oz

Does anyone have any info about the IX45? It is due late this year I believe, although the IX35 launch is not a good omen when considering waiting to buy one - I might get it in 2014!!!

I have a 4 year old Santa, am due to change, and will undoubtedly have another Hyundai, but the question is to do it now or wait for the new model? If I keep ithe 'new' car also for 4 years will the residual be much different by that stage of its life?

Hyundai Santa Fe - Buying new, model change later in the year - ChannelZ

Seems the only way to get a new 'big' Hyundai is to wait a few months and buy an ex-demo with a few thousand miles on the clock.

Hyundai Santa Fe - Buying new, model change later in the year - oldtoffee

I think if you choose to buy the current model you should look to get a useful discount - 15 to 18%. I was surprised how much I got off list price last summer and this should go a long way towards offsetting the difference in the used value of an ix45 vs a SF in 4 years time as you won't get any meaningful discount on a new model. Personally, I don't really like the look of the ix45, too current, too trendy, too many creases, angles and panel shaping. I prefer the more traditional upright utilitarian stance of the SF and I guess it results in more room. If the ix45 turns out to be far superior mechanically in terms of engine performance, suspension, 4wd and gearboxes then that would make the decision more difficult but I don't think that level of change is on the cards.