v70 oil - andy n
hi, does anyone out there know the specification for the oil which is used in the volvo v70 manual gearbox ,no info is available from the usual sources haynes,chilton workshop manuals etc, they only quote a volvo part number ,tried the main dealers who also refuse to dislose this classified info but are prepared to sell it to you at a very reasonable £25 a litre! many thanks
v70 oil - volvod5_dude
Try www.volvoclub.org.uk.

VD5D.
v70 oil - Martin Wall
If you mean the gearbox oil rather then the engine oil then I don't know - why not phone pretending you want them to do the work and ask what spec oil they use....maybe try another dealer if your local one won't help - or try Volvo UK.

If you mean the engine then local dealer uses Mobil Super s semi-synthetic for the 6000 mile service and then Mobil 1 fully synthetic after that.
v70 transmission oill - andy n
thanks for the replies ive since found out from volvo north america (who in stark contrast to volvo uk ) were very helpfull that the specified gearbox oil is a fully synthetic 5-30w
v70 oil - Cyd
Why not change to a fully synthetic manual transmission fluid from Red Line or Torco? I currently use Torco in my R800VS. Demon Tweeks do both, sold by the US quart (0.996 litre) at a little over a tenner a bottle (+vat). Hewitt Motorsport at Mallory Park can do Torco and will be cheaper than DT.