ford mondeo zetec 2.0 - fuel usage - kevyg

hi, i recently purchased a ford mondeo 2.0 zetec(2001),i put in £40 of petrol,and that lasted me 195 miles before it ran out completely,i drive sensible so dont speed about,most of the miles are local,wat sort of miles should i be getting and do i have a possible fault.thankyou.

ford mondeo zetec 2.0 - fuel usage - thunderbird

hi, i recently purchased a ford mondeo 2.0 zetec(2001),i put in £40 of petrol,and that lasted me 195 miles before it ran out completely,i drive sensible so dont speed about,most of the miles are local,wat sort of miles should i be getting and do i have a possible fault.thankyou.

If there was very little in before you filled up originally you probably got close to 29 mpg which would be very good for an elderly 2 litre petrol. Assuming there was a gallon in you would have got close to 25 mpg which still ain't bad.

ford mondeo zetec 2.0 - fuel usage - kevyg

hi thanks for reply,the fuel light was on when i put in the petrol so guess its better than i thought,i used to have a diesel people carrier before so maybe im comparing the 2 cars to much.

ford mondeo zetec 2.0 - fuel usage - Peter.N.

People carriers are not to good on fuel because of their shape but a modern 2.0 litre diesel car should give you 40 - 60 mpg

ford mondeo zetec 2.0 - fuel usage - Railroad.

Many people complain of poor fuel consumption and yet this is almost always down to their own misconception and highly optimistic valuation of what they think it should be. The increased price of fuel doesn't help because you get less fuel for your money. There is no simple screw to turn which will adjust your car's fuel economy. Unless you have a very obvious fuel leak or a fault which would almost certainly mean the engine is running poorly, how many miles per gallon you get depends entirely on how you drive, the type of journeys you do, the weight you are carrying, the weather conditions and the quality of service and maintenance your car receives.....

ford mondeo zetec 2.0 - fuel usage - ChannelZ

Sounds pretty normal, I only get 32mpg out of my 1.8 Mondeo. A full tank is about 320 miles, and it's about £70 to fill it.

ford mondeo zetec 2.0 - fuel usage - carl233

It does sound quite normal, these engines ideally should be running on 5w30 oil. When I did run my Zetec on 5w40 it did use a little more fuel than when it was running on the 5w30.

ford mondeo zetec 2.0 - fuel usage - Dabooka
I get about 24-25, same engine, age and similar driving, but a different car (Mazda Tribute). Can't complain really, but I do wish I could improve it! Thankfully I'm a low mileage user.....
ford mondeo zetec 2.0 - fuel usage - balleballe

I have the same engine in a mazda 6

I get around 30mpg around town, 38-40mpg on the motorway; it's a 4-speed auto