Vauxhall Tigra Red convertible 2007 1400cc - Water in sills - hairbyjane

A short time ago I noticed the sound of water sloshing around in the sills on the passenger side when braking or cornering.

My local agent identified this, cleared the water and told me not to power wash the car, but normal washing would be OK He charged £88 for this work.

Two weeks later the problem has recurred, even worse than before. We have had recent heavy rain Can you advise please?

Edited by hairbyjane on 23/01/2012 at 12:36

Vauxhall Tigra Red convertible 2007 1400cc - Water in sills - BZ

Just a thought, but it may not be the sills. This used to happen to me on a Fiesta I have. It was down to the drain holes on the bottom of the door getting blocked and rain water would run down the window and collect in the bottom of the doors.

Simple to fix, just get a piece of wire and clear the drain holes out. While you are at it do the other door just to make sure.

You have not been charged for this call;-)

Vauxhall Tigra Red convertible 2007 1400cc - Water in sills - hairbyjane

Just a thought, but it may not be the sills. This used to happen to me on a Fiesta I have. It was down to the drain holes on the bottom of the door getting blocked and rain water would run down the window and collect in the bottom of the doors.

Simple to fix, just get a piece of wire and clear the drain holes out. While you are at it do the other door just to make sure.

You have not been charged for this call;-)

Thank you BZ. There are no drain holes at the door bottom, but I have pulled out the rubber bungs under the sill to release a substantial amount of water. Took a few minutes and that cost £88 last time at the agent garage. It's getting into the sills from somewhere - but where?

Vauxhall Tigra Red convertible 2007 1400cc - Water in sills - madf

The body drains water into the sills from:

sunroof (if fitted).

Bonnet drains .. front bulkhead - usually either side at junction with inner wings..

Vauxhall Tigra Red convertible 2007 1400cc - Water in sills - ChannelZ

Just leave the rubber bungs out, simples. :)