vauxhall combo 1.3 cdti - vauxhall combo problems - neilwiz3

Hello, im having problems with my van it`s a 07 with 26000 miles...

Different garages are telling me different things & the problem could cost £50 to fix or ££££ it`s a elimination process they say..... heres some symtoms if anyone can give me any advice :-

runs fine upto 65 mph then wont go beond..... ( it`s in limp mode )

spanner light always on

evry 3 or 4 weeks get ALOT of white funny smelling smoke... need to travel 20 mins in high revs to clear ( ps the egr valve is new )

oil levels to high 2 months ago...serviced and pipes cleand as they had oil in.

oil levels high & oil thin now... mechanic recons diesel is getting into the oil ?

occasionaly cuts out....prolly 1 or 4 times per month.

I have bin told the seals on my turbo have gone & i need a new turbo but this has bin ruled out bu others saying it would be constantly smoking really bad if so..

thanks for reading.

vauxhall combo 1.3 cdti - vauxhall combo problems - gordonbennet

Sounds like symptoms of failed regens of a DPF but i'm not sure if your van would have one, or excessive leak off from injectors.

I'd be getting recommendations for a competent Diesel workshops in your area from regular customers like taxi drivers, this requires expert diagnoses not by throwing parts at it till its fixed.

No one has tried running this vehicle on funny fuel have they?

vauxhall combo 1.3 cdti - vauxhall combo problems - elekie&a/c doctor

Agree as above.An increase in oil level is an indication that excess diesel is entering the sump due to inadequate or failed Dpf regen.The engine light may be on due the the oil now being excessively diluted.( there is an oil quality sensor in the sump).Vauxhall have an ecu software update that reduces this problem.In the meantime I would strongly advise to get the oil and filter renewed.hth