Nissan Micra 1.2s 53reg(2003) - nissan micra53 engine oil consumption - orio

i bought this car 20days ago,car drive and runs fine,no knocks or rattle but in a week or less it consume oil all of it i mean the dip stick comes dry,and if drive on motorway at 70 0r 65mph the all will go.there is no oil leaking no significant smoke but loseing oil,what could be the probable causes,pls.

Nissan Micra 1.2s 53reg(2003) - nissan micra53 engine oil consumption - Oli rag

Worn piston rings / bore wear or worn valve stem oil seals spring to mind.Quite unusual to have no sign of blue smoke or a leak, it's got to be going somewhere.

Nissan Micra 1.2s 53reg(2003) - nissan micra53 engine oil consumption - orio

hi,thanks for advice,did it anycase relate to timing chain?cause it has got full service history and in last service it mentioned timing cover oil seals change,due oil leakage.

Nissan Micra 1.2s 53reg(2003) - nissan micra53 engine oil consumption - Oli rag

If there's no oil leaking from the timing cover, I think you can be sure its been replaced. If the oil level keeps dropping till it's off the dip stick, you may shortly have a problem with the timing chain, they give trouble if regular oil changes aren't done, or if the oil level drops too low.

Nissan Micra 1.2s 53reg(2003) - nissan micra53 engine oil consumption - Peter D

How many miles per litre does it use. I would have the crankcase breather sytem checked and cleaned. The crankcase may be pressurising and forcing oil past the rings and valves. Regards Peter