Audi allroad - Air Suspension - robdub

Do all allroads have the air suspension. I,mm looking to buy one for about £4k. 120 to 140k miles the 2.5 tdi. The air suspension puts me off. Did any of the early models have sprung suspension?

Audi allroad - Air Suspension - SteveLee

Yes they do. The crappy British air springs fitted to big heavy Range Rovers last longer and are much cheaper to fix - German engineering eh?...

Audi allroad - Air Suspension - gordonbennet

Range Rovers last longer and are much cheaper to fix -

Thank goodness for that, a mates one has now been retrofitted with steel springs, that thing spent more time being fixed than driven...if he could remove the drivetrain and put a Landcruiser one in its place he'd have a reliable motor..:-)

Audi allroad - Air Suspension - SteveLee

The RR EAS is a fairly simple system is and reasonably easy to fix, air springs can be changed in 30 mins per corner. People give up on the EAS becase they cannot be asked to work out what has gone wrong or simply don't understand it. Most major faults are pretty well understood. The "suck my teeth that's gonna be expensive" brigade are really saying "I'm not really a mechanic, I'm a fitter - for that reason - I'm out".