2008 Fiat 500 Lounge - Fiat 500 electric sunroof problem - domcr

Our 2008 Fiat 500 electric sunroof has broken. One side closes fine, however the other side will not shut fully. The motor feeds to either side of the roof at the back of the roof mechanism; from there it pulls and pushes the roof open and closed. On one side it’s fine, however on the broken side part of the plastic has come adrift – this results in it not pulling the roof closed.

Just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem – it’s out of warranty now and Fiat claim it’s not a known problem?

Many thanks Dom

2008 Fiat 500 Lounge - Fiat 500 electric sunroof problem - domcr

I fixed this myself at the weekend.

I pulled the roof lining down to take a look by removing the rubber door seal. Then two screws fell out, just rolling around in the headlining. It took about 10 mins to remove the sun visor, sunroof trim and pull the roof lining down just enough to take a look. The two screws secure the end of the power feed in to the actual roof mech. Replaced them and hey presto fixed! Rubbish QA from Fiat again - I'm so surprised! The badges at the front and back have faded and the air vents discolored – I suppose that’s what you expect from a Fiat after 3 years.

Bet you can expect to see a few more of these faults in time, and I bet Fiat dealers will charge you for a new roof mechanism - the two dealers I used to service the car have been useless ...even on basics like resetting the oil degradation light.

2008 Fiat 500 Lounge - Fiat 500 electric sunroof problem - master aka

i jus had my power steering fixed electric column by power steering services in london all these fiat are comming out of warranty the main dealers are rejecting these cars and wont do a recall on these vehicles so had got mine repaired by pss in greenwich