Citroen DS - 1964 citroen DS, should I buy? Is it rare? - panamracer

HI everybody! I am in the States, and I have a line on a 64 DS that´s solid, but been exposed to the hot sun in the West for a long time.I have no experience with these, but I´v ealways nthought they were cool.

Anyway, I have always had oddball cars, but with no knowledge of these, I´a little hesitant without some info.I know these are rare here, but is a 64 even more rare?Are the parts very expensive?

The price is good I think, he wants $1500 for it, but will I spend way more to get it going again? The motor does turn over, and the body is straight and solid, needs headliner, probably brakes, don´t know about the rest.Thanks ahead for any help!Mike

Citroen DS - 1964 citroen DS, should I buy? Is it rare? - Armitage Shanks {p}

tinyurl.com/7dt6tw4

I would have thought parts would be a major problem in USA and would have to be sourced in, and imported from, Europe!

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 01/01/2012 at 08:15

Citroen DS - 1964 citroen DS, should I buy? Is it rare? - galileo

These have complex hydraulic suspension and braking systyems - many years ago a friend had one with oproblems in these systems and when he got the repair bill it was more than the car was worth.

If you have access to a workshop manual and don't mind hassle in finding, paying for and fitting spares, by all means go ahead, when these cars work properly they are highly regarded.

Citroen DS - 1964 citroen DS, should I buy? Is it rare? - focussed
My
Citroen DS - 1964 citroen DS, should I buy? Is it rare? - Avant

Sorry, Focussed - this is the fault of the useless, incompetent Microsoft Internet Explorer 9. If you try posting using Google Chrome or Forefox (or anything but IE9) it should work.