Vauxhall Zafira - dpf - gunnwoom

hi everyone about 3 weeks ago my dpf had to be replaced as the old one had clogged up and blew 2 pipes of all of this was rectified but a couple of days ago the car went into limp home mode i scanned for fault codes and got one relating to the dpf and when i checked the saturation level with op com it was at 96% which i find hard to believe as since having the new one fitted it has barely done 200 miles could the mechanic have missed something do you need to tell the ecu a new dpf has been fitted as i noticed there is an option in op com to do this any advice would be great

many thanx and a happy new year to u all

graham

sorry fogot to mention its a zafira b 2005 1.9cdti (120)

Edited by gunnwoom on 31/12/2011 at 12:02

Vauxhall Zafira - dpf - acornarms

hi if a new dpf was fitted the ecu must be reset and clear the fault codes and all should be ok

hi thanks for your answer the fault codes were cleared but not sure if the ecu was reset unfortunatley the garage is not open till the new year so im unable to check this.

i have just told the ecu a new dpf has been fitted took the car out and it went into limp home mode again came back and did a manual regen of the dpf with op com then took the car out and so far no limp mode its reading saturation levels as 78% so we will see how it goes going to take the car out for a good motorway run tomoz see if i can get it to regen on its own so fingers crossed