Skoda Octavia 2010 1.6 diesel - Removing DPF - Crinkly Dave

I have had a Octavia Diesel since February 2010. It is now beginning to have a rumbling gearbox, but it has always had a tendency to have a stutter on the power delivery, and tends to lose power slightly intermittently (as if the brakes have been lightly applied), and fuel consumption has gradually dropped.
I was thinking of removing the DPF and turning off the pressure sensors etc. Anyone any experience of this, and the supply of a DPF "can" so I can refit the original if necessary.
Would it still pass the MOT with the DPF removed?

Skoda Octavia 2010 1.6 diesel - Removing DPF - unthrottled

You can't just remove the pressure sensors. The ECM is expecting a positive pressure signal. The DPF operation needs to be completely programmed out of the eCM.

Removing DPFs was easier on euro 4 cars where they were fitted voluntarily prior to becoming effectively mandatory in euro V.

but it has always had a tendency to have a stutter on the power delivery,

This is not the fault of the DPF. The intake manifold must be purged of recirculated exhaust gas before fuelling can be increased. Also turbo spool up will be noticeable from a small engine and a big car.

I don't think you'll have regen problems with a 1.6 engine in an octavia.

A gutted DPF will pass any visual inspection and the MOT emissions test is so trivial that you needn't worry about that either. I still doubt that it is worth the bother.

Skoda Octavia 2010 1.6 diesel - Removing DPF - mark999

A collegue had terrible problems with DPF regens on his 1.6 fabia the engine was shook on idle and the fuel consumption increased significantly. Skoda were useless and he ended up selling the car.

Try shark performance for DPF removal they get good reviews on the briskoda forums.

Skoda Octavia 2010 1.6 diesel - Removing DPF - Collos25

That reflects on the quality of staff not the car I bet there are thousands of this type of vehicle that run in all sorts of conditions that give absolutely no problem.

Skoda Octavia 2010 1.6 diesel - Removing DPF - thunderbird

That reflects on the quality of staff not the car I bet there are thousands of this type of vehicle that run in all sorts of conditions that give absolutely no problem.

Completely agree, if DPF's were such an huge issue there would be thousands of cars broken down all over the place. We have many diesel cars and vans at work and not one has ever had a DPF problem and some only get used within the M25 area. Have DPF's on both of our cars and they regen quite happily when they decide to. If you only drive locally a diesel is not a good idea DPF or not, the extra cost will never be recouped on short trips.

If you remove the DPF on a 2010 Skoda not only do you run the risk of falling foul at MOT time but you will without doubt invalidate the warranty. Find a good dealer to sort any issues.

Skoda Octavia 2010 1.6 diesel - Removing DPF - unthrottled

time but you will without doubt invalidate the warranty

Yes as soon as you interfere with the ECM, the manufacturer can duck out of any engine, clutch, or grearbox claim....