Ford Fiesta 1299cc 1996 - No heat, Blowing cold - bulldogbob

I have a 1996 (N) Fiesta 1299cc and im having problems with my heating, It only blowing cold air, I have read on some forums about the heating control valve and that could be the cause, Having read another artical it has said that if it was the HCV then the pipes going into the heater matrix behind the HCV would be cold, All pipes attached to the HCV are hot so i am assuming that the HCV is ok ! Am wrong in thinking this ? The thing is i dont know what else to look at and the Ford garage want a fortune just to look at it, Any help muchly appriciated. Any help to get some warmth in the car would be a great help I am freezing my dangly's off.

Ford Fiesta 1299cc 1996 - No heat, Blowing cold - Peter.N.

If you have hot water flowing in and out of the matrix there must be something wrong with the air circulation. Are you sure that the return pipe from the heater is hot?

Ford Fiesta 1299cc 1996 - No heat, Blowing cold - bulldogbob

If you have hot water flowing in and out of the matrix there must be something wrong with the air circulation. Are you sure that the return pipe from the heater is hot?

The blower is blowing cold air so air circulation is ok, ALL the pipes connected to the HCV are hot so im assuming the the heater matrix is getting hot but im not getting any heat in the car.

Ford Fiesta 1299cc 1996 - No heat, Blowing cold - Peter.N.

The only answer is then that although the valve is hot on both sides the hot water is not flowing through the matrix. Is the return pipe from the heater hot? I would suspect that either the valve is not fully opening or the matrix is clogged.

Ford Fiesta 1299cc 1996 - No heat, Blowing cold - jc2

IIRC there is a bleed hole in the valve so both pipes could still be hot even if the valve has failed closed.The hole is there so that hot water can flow from the head and into the manifold even with the heater off-also 1996 was the year the heater changed from air-mix to water valve and if it's the earlier type, it would be a failure of the air mix flap control-usually cable has come off it's clip..

Edited by jc2 on 24/12/2011 at 10:59