Nissan X Trail - Dents in New Car - Inca

Hi - I picked up my new X Trail from the dealership 2 weeks ago. I stupidly didn't check round it, but then when i was taken to the car and handed the keys, it was jammed between 2 other cars in the dealership car park - I had to duck under the wing mirrors to get to the door! I did think I had checked round it later but then yesterday spotted a couple of small dents, that would've been easy to miss unless you looked at it at a certain angle. I've hardly driven it and is parked safely in my drive when i'm at home. I wondered whether they could've been there when i picked it up and should i try to go back to the dealership and ask, or would they just try to wriggle out of it? Please could you advise on this or let me know of your similar experiences.

Nissan X Trail - Dents in New Car - tony g
Hi inca,
I'm sorry to say I don't think you have any chance of redress from the garage.

You should have checked it before you drove it away from the dealer.

Although you've driven it very little the dealer is going to say the damage has occurred when you left the car parked.

probably best to invest in one of the dent removal companies to bring the car up to standard.

They work well and charge relatively little.

Do let the forum know how you go on.

Tony g

Hi Tony- thanks for your reply, I thought that might be the case - I really can't understand how it could've happened but, yes, lesson learned, I should've checked properly. A dent removal company definitely seems like my best option now.Thank you v much for your reply.

Nissan X Trail - Dents in New Car - 2.0Tsi
It explains pretty well why your car was parked so close to another car although getting the salesman to admit that is another thing.

It's like the "your car will be ready to pick up after 5 however we shut at 5:30" aka get down here as sunlight is going/gone and you are under pressure to get it sorted and off by 5:30.
Nissan X Trail - Dents in New Car - DevonJohn

Sounds like the dealers might have known about it and trying to duck out paying for it! I'd give them the option either they arrange to get someone to do the job or you do and send them the bill!

I recently had great service from a dent repair company down in Devon if you are down my way!

I live in the Scottish Borders so there isn't a great choice for dent removal - filled in a chipsaway enquiry online, so will see if they want to come here! My partner upgraded my previous X Trail as a xmas present so am really upset that this has happened. Also - my previous X Trail - a 60 plate - also had a similar dent i discovered 2 weeks after I bought it whilst washing it - i just ignored it but was a bit miffed as again, I hadn't been anywhere really. To add to the story, I had taken it in for a service at end of october and when it came back, something was wrong with steering - i.e. it wouldn't steer round tight corners - not great for a 4x4 and roads near us are all country roads with tight corners! Took it back but the dealers couldn't find anything wrong. Just for the record too, i also had all 4 wheels replaced due to corrosion! New car is great, apart from dents. Will be going somewhere else for service! Thank you for your replies.