Citroen Xsara 1.4 1999 V-reg mk1 - my heater is very loud on 3 & 4 & hardly blows air - Jakey1983

hi, i was just wondering how much it will cost me to get my 1999 citroen xsara serviced coz a spanner symbol has appeared on the display near the mileage but it disappears a few seconds after i start the car. and also when i turn the heater on 3 and 4 it is very noisy and loud like a really loud humming noise, its okay on 1 and 2 settings but 3 and 4 are rather loud plus there is not much air coming up through the dashboard onto the windscreen or anywhere so the window steams up most times.It does not have AC (i don't think) thank you for your help. Jakey

1999 - V-reg mk1 Citroen Xsara 1.4i
130.000 miles

Citroen Xsara 1.4 1999 V-reg mk1 - my heater is very loud on 3 & 4 & hardly blows air - Peter.N.

Does it have a pollen filter? If so I suspect it needs changing. You don't have the air control set to 'recirculate' do you?

Citroen Xsara 1.4 1999 V-reg mk1 - my heater is very loud on 3 & 4 & hardly blows air - Jakey1983

hi and thanks for your help, i just checked up and yes they do have pollen filter/cabin filters so do you think this could be the problem ?
Also it doesnt matter where i put it to either recirculate or front windscreen it hardly blows air at all but its really loud on settings 3 and 4 but still not much air at all but.....
when i feel for air then no matter what settings i got it on i can feel air coming through every where it suppose to but all at once but hardly any at all haha if that makes sence ???

Citroen Xsara 1.4 1999 V-reg mk1 - my heater is very loud on 3 & 4 & hardly blows air - Peter.N.

Don't know if the pollen filter is in circuit on recirculate but it certainly is on fresh air, if its clogged it will reduce the air output from the heater so I should check that first.