scenic II 1.5 dci - few problems including injection fault - nacho66

Hi guys

I have few problems with my 04 scenic 1.5 dci

1) Injection fault on the dash

During last few weeks I had two occurrances of problems with a cold start. First time, about two weeks ago, it cold started fine the first time but with a little delay. At the moment the car started, Injection Fault message came up on the screen. Car was working fine though

Yesterday I only managed to start on the 3rd try. First 2 tries ended up with Injection fault message. That 3rd try worked, car started and no message came up. No problems when starting warm later in the day

Before you get an idea on a possible fixes, note the following. Since I bought the car, last May, I'm getting Injection Fault error every time I accelerate hard on 4th and 5th gear. There's no power drop or anything when this happens, I could keep pressing the throttle and car would still accelerate. I learnt to live with it, I'm easy on the pedal, made 2,5k km and during that time I got the error about 10 times.

I'm guessing that there's a link between getting that fault when accelerating on high gears and the same fault on a cold start. But what could be the link? On one of the forums, few months ago, someone was saying that it's definitely a glow plugs problem. But how come glow plugs would cause any problems on a 4th/5th gear??

2) Second problem. I had a trip last week ago which involved 4 adult passengers and about 100kg additional load in the boot. Car got pretty heavy and I noticed on a gas stop that rear tires where a bit low on air. So I gave them little more air. Later during the trip this hum sound appeared. It's changing it's pitch with the speed and doesn't go off when on neutral gear. It seems like it's coming from both rear wheels, not just one. Sound isn't that loud but it definitely stands out. My first thought was the bearings... It couldn't be because of 'too much air' right?

3) Third one is not a crucial one. I noticed that the panel under the armrest panel stuck. It won't move anymore. My scenic came back from renault garage in September and haven't tried to move the panel until few days ago. Any ideas?

4) Not a problem, just a question. According to tables, fuel consumption for 1.5dci is 4.4 extra-urban. Of 2,5k km I made with my scenic, 1,5k km was avg 120 km/h road drive with 5 people and heavy load in the boot. Avg consumption was 6.8. Would it be accurate that in those condition it would add 2 litres into the average?

I did calculate urban consumption and it's 6.8, which is about right

I'd really appreciate help on those topics. Thanks

scenic II 1.5 dci - few problems including injection fault - Coull02
Hi

Did you ever sort this I have same issue on scenic bad starting and warning light coming on normally when engine under load ie higher revs.