FIAT Stilo - INsurance Claim - wellman

Following a non fault accident I understand that everyone is entitled to be put back into the position they were in prior to the accident and should not be disadvantaged.

My Insurers have paid for the damage to my vehicle and have closed the claim non-fault,

however I am still "out of pocket" and it has been suggested I contact the Financial Services Ombudsman for their help, however what I need to know is if after full and careful consideration of my complaint they find in favour of my insurers can my insurers then claim back the costs of defending my complain through the FSA from me.

The FSA appear quite vague over this question

FIAT Stilo - INsurance Claim - Dougie68

Hi Wellman,

I've had a similar accident in last few days and am at the start of the process. I'd like to ask how you're "out of pocket"? Was it a hire car bill or something?

Thanks

Dougie

FIAT Stilo - INsurance Claim - wellman

Hello Dougie

Following the accident my insurers, Churchill, put me in a hire vehicle through Enterprise, after 3 days Enterprise said that the 3rd party insurers had agreed to upgrade the vehicle at their cost and put me in a larger car, after 10 days the 3rd party insurers called the vehicle off-hire and refused to pay and Enterprise insisted I pay all costs. After much correspondence with Churchill and Enterprise I complained to The British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA following which Enterprise refunded all charges to me in full.

My ongoing complaint concerns the write-off value of my vehicle and also that having taken out the insurance policy just 3 weeks before the smash I still had to pay for a full years cover, if my car had been repairable the cover would have continued and as the claim was settled non fault I believe I should be entitled to a refund.

I am also unhappy with the standard of service provided by the legal assistance cover.

Regards wellman

FIAT Stilo - INsurance Claim - Falkirk Bairn

Non fault accident - you claim uninsured losses from the 3rd party.

Excess, expenses, etc will be settled by 3rd party direct to you.

You will need proof - receipts, claim settlement showing excess deduction.