volvo s60 ( old model ) - looking at a new car - dervlen

hi, i,m new here but have been looking at the comments the back room post .

i drive 20k a year in toyota auris 2.0d4d sr ( 2008 ) i,ve done 62k now an the car goes well but ? i,m suffering from aches an pains in my back ( years of riding bikes i,m afraid ) have taken their toll on me .

the suspension on the auris is ok ( a little bumpy ) but i,m looking for a more comfortable ride but still something that i can drive how i want to drive .

i work longish hrs , drive typically 1-1.30 hrs per day each way .

most of my driving is on a/b roads in the south east ( with the twice yearly drive to scotland ,( home )

i test drove the new volvo s60 d3 , loved the car an everything about it , but the boot is small !

it got me thinking of the old s60 2.4, an the d5 .

would that be a good buy ( boot larger ,not much ) but as comfortable .

i,ve read the turning circle is poor so i could live with that

looking to keep the car for 4-5 yrs ( 100,000 miles or so )

what does the panel think ?

ive seen a couple of low mileage of s60s in manual an auto on autotrader on 56/07 plates .

volvo s60 ( old model ) - looking at a new car - balleballe

I've only test driven the previous shape s60

The pick of the bunch, IMO is a 55 plate - with the old 163bhp D5 - much much more economical than the 'upgraded' D5 - and no DPF!

My mate had a 55 plate (facelifted) but with the old engine - it's still going strong at 190k on the clock, and still very comfortable in the front (as a passenger anyway). Not much gone wrong either to be honest

The turning circle is pretty bad, but you'll only notice it when trying 3-point turns in a tight space and parking in bays, such as a multi-storey car park