Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI - Heater blower stopped working. - Johngalaxy

Hi i have a Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI 2005. The problem that i am having is when i turn the Heater Blower on 1-4 the fan comes to a complete stop within 15 seconds. I had been reading in a forum of a guy who had a simular problem and he was suggested that it could be the Heater Blower resister Pack that is attached to the side of the blower. Another guy said that if the resister pack was faulty that number 4 should still work as it is a direct feed. Another guy said that if the fan becomes stiff to rotate the Thermal Fuse will blow resulting in none of the numbers 1-4 working.. I have not checked to see if the fan is stiff to rotate as i have limited knowledge working around cars. If the fan is stiff will i have to replace it? Is it hard to replace the heater blower.Any advice on how to fix or replace the heater blower would be great.

Thanks John.

Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI - Heater blower stopped working. - elekie&a/c doctor

I would think that the heater blower motor is worn out.Usually brushes and/or worn copper comutator.Access to the motor is fairly easy once the glove box is removed.The speed resistor sits next to the motor ,but this does not appear to be the problem.hth

Hi, thanks for the reply i had a feeling that it is the heater blower as the heater blower completely stops within 15 seconds of all the settings 1-4. I phoned a car breakers today and he said that he has a heater blower which is from a 2006 model. Would you be able to tell me as my car is a 2005 model would the heater blower from a 2006 model fit my car? Any advice on how to fit the heater blower would be great. Thanks.

Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI - Heater blower stopped working. - elekie&a/c doctor

I am fairly sure all years are the same (2000-06).The only variation may be if the car has climate control .As for fitting ,you will need to drop the glove box out on passenger side.hth

I got a second hand heater blower from my local car dismantlers for 45.00 and put it in and am glad to say that everything is working again. I took the old one apart to see what the inside was like and i could see that the brushes are badly worn.