citroen c3 2003 1.4 16v - c3 hdi starting problem - cwrtcoed

Hi

i have a citroen c3 1.4 16v 2003 model, i recently changed the fuel pump and injectors due to the original fuel pump wearing and metal filings blocked the injectors. I have flushed the fuel pipe system and had the fuel tank professionally cleaned. All the pipework and elec connections are back in place and have put new diesel along with inj cleaner. i have tried starting the car but to no avail, it appears to nearly start but not quite.

The system is a delphi, i know that the injectors have to be reprogrammed but i am having conflicted feedback from different garages, some are stating that the injectors dont have to be programmed to get the car started, and some are saying that becuase they are delphi they need to be programmed and are still a b***** to get started.

The injectors were second hand but had only done 140miles before the owner wrote his car off, and looking at the part i can believe it, they look as if they just been bought from a dealer, because the inj were programmed into the previous car would this effect mine?.

i have checked the flow to the injectors and its getting to them fine, i have disconnected the fuel return pipes and had someone to turn the car over but no excess fuel is coming out of it.

I noticed that the fuel pump which runs off the timing belt has some type of round metal relay, do these need to be programmed in aswell?

or would a good old tow just do the trick to try and start it