peugeot 206 2.0 hdi 2001 - engine cutting out - Gemz86

The car was being driven along when the headlights suddenly drained, the battery light started clicking on and off until she eventually died.

We had had the problem the previous day and presumed that a cell had died in the battery. We put a high performance battery into the peugeot from my other car and it seemed to solve the problem. Obviously not!!

The night she died the car had been driven throughout the day and had been fine.

Oh, the battery removed from the peugeot was put into another car and started first turn of the key so obviously not a battery fault.

She is now sitting as if the battery is totally dead, i personally want to scrap the car, i have a pathelogical hatred for it. We bought it 3 months ago (from a farmer) and althought the engine was fine and she was a bit battered and bruised she seemed solid enough. Haha...we have since had to change the full exhaust including cat because she had been patched and made up. the low pressure pump had to be changed, axel, tyres...the list goes on!! But having spent the money i suppose my OH is right and we're hoping this is something simple like the alternator rather than the ECU (because honestly i would cry!) The cars spent more time parked up than being driven! Oh, to add insult to injury the night she died she was on her way to the test centre to be MOT'd!

Any kind of help or ideas or even rough guesses would be appreciated. I'm refusing to spend the money getting her to a garage until we have ruled out everything that can be done or checked at home!

peugeot 206 2.0 hdi 2001 - engine cutting out - Railroad.

Bad engine earth?.....