Audi A3 - Replacement Oil Cooler.. Audi A3 - daz_free

Hi,

Looks like I need to get a new oil cooler for my 05 (2.0 TDI) Audi A3. Just looking online for one and finding it quite hard to find the best price, those I call looking at around £250 all in.

Has anybody know of somewhere that may offer them slighly cheaper? Another point is how much (roughly... ballpark figure) for a mechanic to take the old one out and install the new one? Also need to flush oil out of other parts of the engine (oil coolant tank etc...)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Darrell

Audi A3 - Replacement Oil Cooler.. Audi A3 - Peter D

I suggest you contact Audi as I think the cooler is a tad short of £90. A leaking cooler on an 05 car is a bit premature. Are you sure it is the cooler that is leaking. Have you tested it buy disconnecting the two pipes and joining them together and running the engine to see if oil appears out of the cooler. Also post up your engine cone, it is on the ID label in the spare wheel bay, it may be BKD. Regards Peter

Audi A3 - Replacement Oil Cooler.. Audi A3 - m_loades
probably get a decent second hand one from a vw/audi breakers

try sanburn in coventry - 02476 637376

They do mail order etc but you will need an engine code (might be on a white label on the cambelt cover or the sticker already mentioned in the previous response) failing that they can do it off the reg number most of the time :)
Audi A3 - Replacement Oil Cooler.. Audi A3 - m_loades
for an engine flush try

www.amazon.co.uk/Forte-Lubricants-Cooling-Coolant-...0