Saab 9-3 Convertible 1.9TiD - Emissions in 2008 model year cars - Yowch

I'm looking at buying a Saab 9-3 diesel convertible. The reasons are that I'd like an open top car that fits two adults and two teenage children and costs about £12000 for something 3 to 4 years old. I've looked at quite a few cars and I like the Saab's old fasioned ness. I do about 15,000 miles per year including a 25 mile rural A road commute so a diesel looks like it fits the bill (and hopefully I'll be OK with the DPF too). I have a question that my Google skills have failed to answer:

Does anybody know when the emissions changed for the 1.9 diesel engine in 2008 in Saabs? Early 2008 ones seem to have a co2 output of 169g whereas later ones seem to be down to 145. I know it's only £60 a year but I'm just curious.

Saab 9-3 Convertible 1.9TiD - Emissions in 2008 model year cars - Wicker
ISTR that year they changed from the 1.9 Tid to the 1.9 TTid engine (two stage turbocharger) see www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/newreviews/207247...l
Saab 9-3 Convertible 1.9TiD - Emissions in 2008 model year cars - Armitage Shanks {p}

You won't much care for the scuttle shake, whatever the emissions are! Spares may be a problem if SAAB sink - the lifejacket is not yet in place and may not work anyway,

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 02/11/2011 at 15:30

Saab 9-3 Convertible 1.9TiD - Emissions in 2008 model year cars - Yowch

Thanks for the answers. I'm sure that the scuttle shake won't be an issue - the last convertible I had was a Triumph Herald!

The TTiD does look like the ultimate option but there aren't many about. The 'standard' single turbo engine changed some time during 2008 and I can't find when. I think that the 'lower co2' cars apply to registration date.

Spares - there's plenty of GM/Fiat cars out there with this engine aren't there?