B6 2.0TFSI 2006 - VW Passat & Its problems.... - Med

Hi everyone, ok - So here goes, My car started to develop a squeeking sound from the left rear tyre, about 4 days after, i've had the [p] (parking brake) light appear and the ESP light, VW main dealer told me i need a new ABS pump for £1,500.00, been reading a lot of information about things it could be but get no-where.

I have found a company that will fix the ABS module for £125.00 + postage but wanted to rule out other things first...I've got NO ABS warning light on and my brake lights are for some reason always on.

I found a temp. solution to the brake lights which makes me think its the multi-function module which controls parking brake, cruise control etc and is locatewd behind the dash....when i start the car up the brake lights are always on, leaving the car on i remove both power connectors to the left and right, obviously the lights turn off and i get a warning on the dash, put them back in and they work as normal....but turn the car off, i have to repeat the same.

Firstly, i need to find out what you think about the ABS, can it have anything to do with the squeeking? My garage has has the wheels off, sanded down the brake pads, cleaned the disc & everything - they are just as confused as me to why they squeek so bad.

We have checked the ABS connector and it seems to be ok. I am getting very frustrated with the warning lights, brake lights and the whole ABS talk, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Many thanks, Mehdi

Edited by Med on 20/10/2011 at 12:05

B6 2.0TFSI 2006 - VW Passat & Its problems.... - Peter D

Are there any message logged by the diagnostics. The brake lights are controlled by J393 (Convenience system central control unit). Are they sure the J393 is not reporting a fault Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 20/10/2011 at 16:26

B6 2.0TFSI 2006 - VW Passat & Its problems.... - Med

Hi Peter, thank you for your reply.

I should have mentioned what the fault code was, the only one they found was G201/G21 then they said that means this:

"00810 008 - brake pressure sensor / sender - implausible signal" now, VW are telling me that the whole ABS pump needs to be replaced, my question to them was why is there no ABS light on....they told me its a sensor inside the ABS that should be replaced but its an internal unit and cant be switched over to a new sensor.

The brake lights, i cant find anywhere why they are doing it, only thing i can think of is that its related to the ABS being faulty?

The brake system has no warning lights, VW would have picked it up.

B6 2.0TFSI 2006 - VW Passat & Its problems.... - elekie&a/c doctor

Brake pressure sensor fault is a well known problem on Vag and other makes that use a similar Ate abs sytem.Vw now do a repair modulator for this fault.The part costs around £200.Allow approx 2 hrs to fit and bleed brakes.It does not need a complete abs unit.hth