Ford Focus 1.6 Style 5 dr vs Hyundai I30 - OrtonMark

I'm looking for some advice. I currently run a 2003 Mondeo LX 1.8 and I am looking to downsize to something like a Ford Focus or a Hyundai I30. For approximately the same money I can get a Ford Focus 1.6 Style 2008 plate or a Hyundai 1.4 Classic 2011 plate having done 10-15k mileage. The nearest Hyundai garage is 30 odd miles away (needed to maintain the 5 years warranty) or I can get the Focus serviced practically anywhere.

Does anybody have any strong views either way, Ford or Hyundai?

Thank you.

Ford Focus 1.6 Style 5 dr vs Hyundai I30 - jamie745

Is the Focus you're looking at a diesel?

Hello, no it's a petrol as is the Hyundai.

Ford Focus 1.6 Style 5 dr vs Hyundai I30 - Avant

With that difference in age you'd be better off with the Hyundai, unless having tried both you infinitely prefer the Focus to drive. This will depend on your style of driving. Also look at the Kia Ceed which is similar to the Hyundai: both have longer warranties than Ford, whose warranty will have expired or be about to expire on a 2008 car.

If you're going for a petrol, your mileage presumably won't be so high as to make a service needed more than once a year. Provided the Hyundai dealer lends you a courtesy car, you shouldn't have a problem. Is there a Kia dealer any nearer?

Yes there is! I shall look into Kia Ceeds. Thank you very much for your advice.

Ford Focus 1.6 Style 5 dr vs Hyundai I30 - Bobbin Threadbare

Also you might get some warranty with the Hyundai; they have a 5 year policy whereby you get 5 years' worth of warranty with a new one, but can transfer it on to the next owner provided the car is under 5 years old when you do so.