Ford Focus 55 plate - Misfiring/choaking - spark plugs full of water - nic1985

I have had my focus for a little under a year and no problems then out of the blue the engine seemed to be choaking or misfiring, the engine failure warning light stared to flash. Took it to a local garage, did the diagnostics and it turned out that the power was not getting to cylinder 1 and it was misfiring. Then found out that the spak plugs were full to the brim with water, they were emptied to find all 4 plugs rusted throughout. Luckily the mechanic managed to removed and replace the 4 plugs without further damage. 2 weeks on and its started to misfire again and the engine warning light has appeard. The mechanics though was that at some point the engine was jet washed and not cleard of the water, the engine has not been jet washed in the 11 months I have owned it. Does anyone know what is wrong with my car as the MOT is due at in November and it will fail if this problem is not sorted. Please help!

Ford Focus 55 plate - Misfiring/choaking - spark plugs full of water - Paul G1pdc

HI NIC. heard about this problem in the past. my sister in law used to own a 2006 focus.

Ford at the time had issues with the windscreen washer jet....once you squirted the front windows water runs down the tubing and the water drips into the spark plug sockets...remember reading reports of owners paying hundreds to get plugs drilled and re-tapped.....

ford did a modified part / a one way valve / costing under £4 that as you can guess allowed the window to be squirted but prevented the water running back down the pipework....

paul.

oh sister in law also had the re windscreen motor pack up due to water getting into the electrics in the boot cavity...again this is a well know issue and can be fixed easily.