Musa - Lancia - Chris79
Having just returned from a holiday in Italy I thought I would pass comment on the hire car I had. With Lancia's return to the UK I was interested to be given a Lancia Musa for two weeks. It appears that this is basically a Fiat Idea with Lancia's corporate nose and badges. It was fitted with the 1.3 multijet diesel in I think 95 or 75 hp form, sorry can't be more specific.

In short the car was a disappointment. The interior quality was on a par with my last citroen, a 2005 c4, The ride wasn't great and in my opinion the car is ugly, although some may disagree. It struck me that if Lancia wishes to return to the uk successfully they are going to have to up there game.

I've left the engine to last, I guess mindful of the capacity it was never going to set the world on fire, I would want something with more power. I did find it incredibly unrefined, it sounded more like a tractor from inside the cabin. On the plus side it did prove economical.

I wonder if these engines are devoid of all the seemingly bad features of dmf, dpf etc and are closer to the old style of diesels and as such are a better long term bet?