peagot 207/206 or kia picanto - can you identify this car please to solve a crime - crimefighter

please watch the video called cambridge uk thief here http://www.youtube.com/user/chainsore#p/u/3/bIgWtbunTRg then tell me what make and model of car the thief drives, my best guess is its a peagot 206 or 207 due to the headlight shape as seen from the side, when he unlocks his car the lights flash and that helps put a bit of light on his car ( pause video at right moment ) or as he drives up the road just as he turns right ouy of the road again pause video to see colour of his car im guessing its dark green what do you think ?, also when he gets in the car you can see lights on his dashboard do they look right for the type of car you think it is ? also the new mcdonalds 1955 burger tv ad has a blue car in it thats quite similar to the thiefs..what car type is that ? theyve removed the car badge so its harder to tell, ps could the cambridge thief/suspected burglars car be a kia picanto ?

Edited by BorisTheSpider on 24/09/2011 at 18:12

peagot 207/206 or kia picanto - can you identify this car please to solve a crime - daveyjp

It's not a Picanto - too large. I thought Mazda 2 when it turned the corner.

peagot 207/206 or kia picanto - can you identify this car please to solve a crime - jamie745

At 1.41 it looked like you could see the outline of the front lights but now i think thats streetlight reflection on the front wing. I think its a Peugeot 307 going by the shape of the rear and the giveaway Peugeot hub cabs.

Edited by jamie745 on 21/09/2011 at 00:39

peagot 207/206 or kia picanto - can you identify this car please to solve a crime - Auristocrat

From the opening sequence, it looks like the number plate is from a 54 reg vehicle - which knocks out the current Mazda 2 (which dates from 57 reg).The reversing light set into the nearside rear bumper looks like that from a first generation Ford Focus.

peagot 207/206 or kia picanto - can you identify this car please to solve a crime - jamie745

But the first generation Ford Focus had tail lights alot higher up the rear portion of the car, this car has them below the rear screen.

peagot 207/206 or kia picanto - can you identify this car please to solve a crime - runboy

How about a Seat Ibiza, newer, but not the latest shape. Tail lights and number plate position look about right, as does the matt plastic you see on the drivers door surround when he opens the door.

Might be worth posting this over at seatcupra.net and asking the experts over there?

Also the wheel trims look Seat.

Like this:

http://photos.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_446/car_photo_223389_7.jpg

Edited by runboy on 21/09/2011 at 13:33

can you identify this car please to solve a crime - crimefighter

the car in 1st 20seconds of the video isnt the thiefs ! thats a neighbours ford focus , at 34seconds the thief comes back to his car with the front facing the right, he spotted me filming, turn volume up to hear our conversation from 50seconds onward just before that youll see he looks at his rear licence plate to see if its visible to me, pause at 1m41 to see dash lights..any clue to car type ? pause around 2min mark to see his wheels..again any clue to car type ?

can you identify this car please to solve a crime - jamie745

I still think its a 307.

can you identify this car please to solve a crime - Carole4X4
It does appear very peugeotesque but the very very closing seconds where the car turns right and away off had me thinking it was more yaris shaped at the rear but it looks bigger than a yaris
can you identify this car please to solve a crime - runboy

Quote "the car in 1st 20seconds of the video isnt the thiefs ! thats a neighbours ford focus"

Yessssss?

We are talking about the car parked on the front of your house, facing right and in the direction the person drives towards the end of the film, then turns the corner?

I know!

Still think it might be an ibiza. There must be some night time video on you tube etc of Ibizas, 307's etc to have a gander and compare?

can you identify this car please to solve a crime - crimefighter

runboy if you read all comments on this thread youll see that Auristocrat says he can see a 54 plate in opening sequence..i was replying to him as hes looking at wrong car ! i know everyone else knows which car im talking about, thanks for the help but its getting confusing it now could be a seat ibiza/peagot 206/207/307mazda2 etc surely we can narrow it down, thanks for all the help everyone

can you identify this car please to solve a crime - Dodge49

Possibly a vauxhall corsa (latest shape). Got this as it turned the corner due to the high rear spoiler and rear end.

peagot 207/206 or kia picanto - can you identify this car please to solve a crime - Campbell

It's a Renault Clio 2006 onwards. Most likely a 2006-07 Expression model judging by the wheel trims.

peagot 207/206 or kia picanto - can you identify this car please to solve a crime - crimefighter
looks like a renault clio extreme judging by the wheels ( many renault clio extreme's have those wheels judging by looking at many of that model of clio on autotrader) ..thats by far the best bet so far, thanks for the help so far, if you can spot anything else to work out the cars year or colour let me know here thanks ps use autotrader to look up car type you think it is for lots of pictures

im thinking its a renault clio extreme, colour grey, best view of its colour is right at the end as he turns out of the cul desac, i use cyberlink power dvd software to play the original video on my pc as it lets me forward the video 1 frame at a time, you can see a few kind of bright green streaks on the car but thats reflections from a ladbrookes betting shop at the top right corner of the road he leaves, anyone with other software/pc skills to enhance the video please do asap so i can tell the detective handling this burglary case thanks

Im pretty sure Her Majesty's police service has people who can enhance videos.

id like to think the police are working on the video but based on discussion so far im not sure id trust them to solve a childs dot to dot puzzle ! i can t say more about it as it may give away sensitive info but im not impressed in my area time and again you here in local paper how burglar is caught and wants 70-80 other offences considered...so cops need to catch people far quicker to prevent 70+ burglarys by the same person #bringbackhanging

In that case its the law you have a gripe with, not the Police. Police can only do their jobs as instructed.

Feel free to join up and report back to us if you like :)

no thats not a law issue its a matter of poor police work in catching people, i wish i could say here what the issue is but i cant but its clear to me good old fashioned detective work needs a come back to join the dots quickly to id burglars and they need to set traps to catch them..offer tempting items poorly secured and catch them on hidden cameras etc, far to often chances to link crimes and put a face to criminal resonsible for other crimes get missed, anyway this is a car forum, i still want any tips on what car the burglar drives in my video thanks

Surely the owner of the car in question knows what car it is?