Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2.0 HDi 2008 - oil / soot on the rear of car - peter001

I purchased this car with 9777 on the clock in January with 2 stamped services, I have now put another 20k on the clock and am experiancing lots of oil / soot spots on the rear door, I put it in for a 37.5k Service as recommended by the main dealer which he thought would rectify the problem, one new turbo breather pipe and lots of serious money later I have a new stamp in the book but still have this mess and all the MD can offer is "well it is a diesel and they are prone to this type of thing" I have spoken to other owners and so far nobody has said they experiance the same thing. Help please.

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2.0 HDi 2008 - oil / soot on the rear of car - Peter.N.

Firstly you need to ascertain whether it is soot or oil or both. You would only normally get exhaust deposits if it was smoking badly and that would affect your fuel consumption. Oil leaking from the engine could be deposited on the rear door so have a good look underneath for signs of leakage.