ford mondeo 1.8 TD 1995 - feul - 1944

having trouble getting car to start. turns over and fires but will no pick up and run. have tried new filter and housing, checked timing and all well, checked injectors and all working, tried by-passing all filters and running off seperate can of diesel but still will not run, any ideas please

1944 (Ivan)

ford mondeo 1.8 TD 1995 - feul - Peter.N.

Hi Ivan

Have you checked the glow plugs, if one or more are faulty or there is no 12v supply to them it would make starting very difficult. Does it blow out blue/white smoke while you are trying to start it? There ar a couple of electrical connections to the pump, one is cold start advance, check there is voltage on them if not connect a supply from the battery and see if that makes it start.

Peter

c

h

i peter tried heaters all working fine live feed to pump ok and to heaters thankes ivan still still will not run ivan 1944

ford mondeo 1.8 TD 1995 - feul - Peter.N.

If it fires but will not run that points to the pump timing being out, probably retarded. I would double check the timing.

Peter

ford mondeo 1.8 TD 1995 - feul - bathtub tom

I'd suggest getting the codes read. I'm sorry to say that sounds exactly like what happened to me when the pump munched itself.

thakes peter and bathtub tom pump off now looking for seconed hand pump is it right you have to code pump to car 1944 ivan