Rover 25 W reg 2000 - Cambelt - Delysher

Two questions I have.

My Rover has 57,000 miles on the clock. How important is it to change the cambelt and when will it need changing ?

How long is the labour time involved and how much ?

Rover 25 W reg 2000 - Cambelt - sb10

Two questions I have.

My Rover has 57,000 miles on the clock. How important is it to change the cambelt and when will it need changing ?

How long is the labour time involved and how much ?

If it snaps you can write the car off its that important....

Depends who does it but around 2 hours,prices vary from £120 to £250 but its advisable to have the water pump changed at the same time contrary to what some fitters say

If the water pump fails after the cambelts been fitted it all has to be done again!

Rover 25 W reg 2000 - Cambelt - Delysher

I bought a rover 25 Wreg 2000 last week 08 Sept 2011.

The former owner had had the car 10 years and has had the head gasget leak repaired last year.

Would the garage have replaced the cam belt at the same time as repairing the head gasget ?

The former keeper of the car does not know if the cambelt was changed whilst she owned the car. Past repairs have however been carried out at a garage.

Rover 25 W reg 2000 - Cambelt - Peter.N.

If the head was removed and and a new gasket fitted its highly unlikely that they would have refitted the old cam belt, I certainly wouldn't have done. You could check with the garage or look at the bill if available.

Rover 25 W reg 2000 - OUTER FRONT CONSTANT VELOCITY JOINT GAITER DETERIORATED - Delysher

THE OUTER FRONT CONSTANT VELOCITY JOINT GAITERS ARE DETERIORATED ON BOTH SIDES.

HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE TO CHANGE THEM BOTH, IF AT A GARAGE HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST ?

Rover 25 W reg 2000 - OUTER FRONT CONSTANT VELOCITY JOINT GAITER DETERIORATED - bathtub tom

I'm sorry, I'm a little deaf

CAN YOU SPEAK UP PLEASE

Rover 25 W reg 2000 - - Delysher

The front outer and off side constant velocity joint gaiters are deteriorated.

How long is the job to replace them both in a garage and how much is it likely to cost ?

best regards

Delysia

The front outer and off side constant velocity joint gaiters are deteriorated. How long is the job to replace them both in a garage and how much is it likely to cost ? best regards Delysia

The front outer and off side constant velocity joint gaiters are deteriorated. How long is the job to replace them both in a garage and how much is it likely to cost ? best regards Delysia

Rover 25 W reg 2000 - - sb10

Call it a couple of hours to do both,charges vary from place to place so best get an estimate

Ps you was using caps lock, its shouting in cyberspace