Mitsubishi Shogun - sooty - cruisinforabruisin

My brother bought a mitsubishi shogun 2005 model 3.2 did, with 82,000 miles, rarely was off road and service history is there, on the kickdown it lets out a whisp of soot, can anyone give me a few pointers, all info would be much appreciated.

Mitsubishi Shogun - sooty - barkas

they all do that, brand new BMWs / range rovers/ and Audis pass me all day everyday and they spurt out a black cloud of soot as they throttle past. as long as its passing MOT tests dont worry about it. check the air filter is clean. black sooty emissions could be one of any 30 reasons on that car.

cheers, a wee bit peace of mind there, another top diesel kiddie told him half tank of fuel, + 1 1/2 of redex, take it onto the motorway and give it the beans,apparently everyone drives these buggy"s like mister magoo, never thinking to give it a blast to clean it out once a week at least. seems to have done the trick.

Mitsubishi Shogun - sooty - Collos25

Puting Redex in the tank will make absolutely no difference giving it a good thrash will make a minue difference putting a pint of petrol in the tank will clean it out but why bother when it runs ok..

Puting Redex in the tank will make absolutely no difference giving it a good thrash will make a minue difference putting a pint of petrol in the tank will clean it out but why bother when it runs ok..

To let you understand he"s a converted petrol head, he"s still a bit iffy about the soot coming out the back, he still think"s there is something wrong! He ask"s is every oil burner driver happy with the soot? I"ve told him if he"s still not happy then buy a long brush and start singing CHIMCHIMINEY CHIMCHIMINEY!