Ford Fiesta - New Exhaust? - Mabel Stark

Hello, about a year ago, the front section of the exhaust pipe on my 1998 Ford Fiesta fell off. One garage quoted me £400 for repair as they said all three sections would need replacing.

As I had only bought ther car a few weeks before, I took it back to the garage I bought it from and they welded it back on.

The car had the MOT last week and the garage told me that the exhaaust would fall off again pretty soon....they also said the whole thing would need replacing. Now it looks like the middle section has come down. Please can anyone advise if it is the case the whole thing would need replacing and how much this would cost, or if it would be better to obtain the parts and get someone to do the work? Any advice would be appreciated! many thanks.

Ford Fiesta - New Exhaust? - daveyjp

A fast fit centre should do one of these for less than £200 - start with a quote from a Ford Rapidfit centre, they are usually attached to main dealers, but are cheaper.

As it sounds like it is on its last legs you may as well replace all of it.

Ford Fiesta - New Exhaust? - Mabel Stark

Thanks very much, will see if there are any of these locally and give them a call in the morning.

Ford Fiesta - New Exhaust? - RustyFiesta

Until recently I had a 1998 Fiesta with the 1.3 Endura-E petrol engine, I'm not sure if this is exactly the same model that you have. Even with the 1998 Endura-E, Ford fitted more than one kind of exhaust system.

My experience of exhaust repairs was:

The front section, which includes the catalytic convertor and exhaust manifold, costs about £250 including fitting. Lasted about 10 years on my car.

The middle section, which is flexible, costs about £150 including fitting. Lasted about 8 years on my car.

The rear section costs less than £100 including fitting. Lasted about 4 years on my car.

Depending on exactly which model you have, the prices might be different.