Skoda Yeti / VW Golf VI - Dual Mass Flywheel on 1.2 TSI Engine? - Yeti_Man

Hi all,

This is a very useful forum. I have read many previous discussions on how to preserve the DMF and I have noted that petrol engines are less likely to suffer from a DMF fail due to the lower vibration and "sound" travel.

Out of curiosity I fired two emails, one to VW and one to Skoda, enquiring whether the Golf VI and the Yeti have DMFs, however the replies that came back were as follows:

Golf VI 1.2 TSI - Single Mass Flywheel

Yeti 1.2 TSI - Dual Mass Flywheel

Now, as far as I am concern, the are the same car, and I don't see VW offering two types of gearbox/flywheel/clutch as the reason for acquiring Seat, Skoda and Audi (not quite so much Bugatti and Bentley) were to save cost and having different parts on the same car defies the reason for this.

If anything, I would expect the Skoda with the more basic SMF. Could anyone confirm my findings, as I find this really strange. Of course, there is a possibility one of the party has given me the wrong answer.

Best,

Yeti_Man

Skoda Yeti / VW Golf VI - Dual Mass Flywheel on 1.2 TSI Engine? - Yeti_Man
Hi,

Still searching for a definitive answer, but just recieved a call from Skoda, very impressed by the speed of reply.

It is unconfirmed, but likely that the lower output (85ps) 1.2 TSI is fitted with a single mass flywheel, but the higher output (105ps) 1.2 TSI is fitted with a dual mass flywheel.

Again, would appreciate any reply.

Best,
Yeti_Man