Tiguan v XC60 - New Crossover deal - strath

Hi,

I am being offered 15% off a new Volvo XC60 D3 AWD and have been given a fixed price to change for my trade in when the volvo arrives(Oct).

VW have given me a fixed price on my current Tiguan which is £1000 more than Volvo aginst a new shape Tiguan due out Oct.

With 15% off a new Volvo, financially Volvo looks to be the better deal.

Is 15% a good reduction in this current climate and would the Volvo be as good as the Tiguan in the snow as I live in a rural area, Any advice ?

Tiguan v XC60 - New Crossover deal - unthrottled

Don't look at percentages-look at the absolute cost to change.

Your car will be as good as it's tyres. I live on an unsurfaced road and manage just fine with FWD.

Hi,

I live in farmland and do need a 4x4. Re cost to change the Volvo is £2K more however with all the differences the Volvo to buy new would be £5K more as they are different cars,

What have you got at the moment?

Neither the XC60 or tiguan are proper 4X4s and lack any real off road capability. They are aspirational purchases for suburbia that were never intended to leave tarmac.

What have you got at the moment?

Neither the XC60 or tiguan are proper 4X4s and lack any real off road capability. They are aspirational purchases for suburbia that were never intended to leave tarmac.

Mmmh.. I have a Tiguan!! I would normally agree with you as I have owned LR Dicoveries, Landcruisers and we currently have a Navara, however in the past 2 Years the Tiguan got out of thick snow and the Navara didn't..

Anyways back to my original question re car deal!

2 Years the Tiguan got out of thick snow and the Navara didn't..

WHAT?!

Blow me down with a feather! What's the Tiguan shod in? And if it ant broke... ;)

Haven't a clue as to the specifics of the deal.

Edited by unthrottled on 19/08/2011 at 20:56