Honda Jazz - Wandering steering - Peter73

My 2004 Jazz has wandering steering when trying to go in a straight line. It has been like this from new and seems worse now I have just had new tyres on the front. My garage says this is normal for electric assistance steering but I find it annoying especially on motorways. Is it something I have to live with or should I be worried. I believe the latest model Jazz has more precise steering.

Edited by Peter73 on 11/08/2011 at 16:39

Honda Jazz - Wandering steering - madf

Get the tracking checked... by a 4 wheel computerised machine at a tyre fittiing shop......

Honda Jazz - Wandering steering - Cris_on_the_gas

Sure you've tried this but have new tyres got correct pressure. Don't bother checking with gauge at most Petrol stations, but sure you know that too.

Honda Jazz - Wandering steering - pugswhdi

we used to have a 2007 jazz and it was exactly the same by the sounds of things. Barely noticible around town but any situation not needing frequent steering adjustments was very strange until i just accepted that this is the way it will be no matter what.

i don't think you've anything to worry about although the perticular tyre you've just had fitted might have exaggerated the problem. perhaps try swapping tyres front to back and see if it reduces? if it does leave them as they are and when the fronts need replacing avoid the tyre that is now on the rear wheels.