Vauxhall Vectra B - Y reg vectra b 1.6 16v misfire - xxgazxx

Hi folks, I have 2001 vectra B 1.6 16v with a bad misfire, I have changed the plugs and the coilpack but misfire still persists. The EML does not come on but i did the brake pedal and accelerator thingy to get the codes and this is the codes it threw up,

0650, 0400, 1612, 0300, 0420, 0304, 0400(again), 0351, 0352, 0353 and 0354.

I have read on other forums that some of the engines suffer from bad earth wires and there is a mod to fix the earths, I think mine is the z16xe engine would this also apply to that engine also.

Any help will b most appreciated.

anybody?

Vauxhall Vectra B - Y reg vectra b 1.6 16v misfire - mickeybo

Their is a vauxhall field remedy repair for this problem if you can identify which cylinder the miss is on i may be able to shed some light on problem Hth Regards Mickeybo

thanks for your reply m8, the misfire is on cylnder 4

Vauxhall Vectra B - Y reg vectra b 1.6 16v misfire - mickeybo

The problem with these is because they lose their ecu switched earth. On your car cyl 4 wire colour black/blue goes to ecu pin no's a34 & a50. At key on you should have a 12v feed at ecu pin no's a34 & a50. If ok snip these 2 wires black/blue join them together to a earth Hth Regards Mickeybo

Just got myself a haynes manual for the wiring diagram and the black/blue wires go to b34 and b50. Are these earth wires because the manual shows brown as earth. I am not to good in the electrical department so please excuse me if im asking silly questions, your help is VERY much appreciated.

Thx

found this, check very bottom of page about wauxhall zafira www.scribd.com/doc/33160068/Tech

That is the same symptoms i am getting, i have already changed the coilpack and still get the same p0304.

Dont bail out on me now mickey, can i splice into this wire at the plug that goes into coilpack and earth it from there?

bumpsy