Avensis d4d t3x - 2004 - Avensis Under Performances (clutch/Super diesel?) - kedar301

Hi All,

I'm new here and this is my first car, so please treat me as a kid compare to all your knowledge.

Car Details : Toyota Avensis D4D Saloon, T3X Silver

Recently by mistake i fulled my tank with Super Diesel, which according to pump owenr should give better engine performance, for couple of days i enjoyed less noice and smooth engine performance

But...now when even i stop at traffic light the engine dont show much power even if i push the gas pad fully to the floor. after around 3 seconds car shows lot power and suddenly get speed in first gear, if i dont wait for this sudden power and get in 2nd gear as car moves slowly, in around 30 seconds time i get jerks then i have to get in 3rd gear to smooth run again.

yesterday after around 5 miles run i had to stop at trafic light at round about and then when i released cluths and gave gas it stalled and people behind me started blowing horns, i had to start hazard lights as when i started the engine back and tried to run the car in first gear it stlled again and again for almost 4 times, i gave a minute and then turned the engine on again and it slowly picked up the speed. it happend again in 20 mins time on another trafic light.

on the other note might be related might not, my car trip computer shows between 35 to 45 mpg average but in reality i dont get this milage.

When i bought this car the seller told me that clutch is a bit hard and told me that he was runinnng same hard clutch for 2 years, when i got it serviced spent £250 the mechanic told me that clutch seems good and might work for anotther 6 months or so.

So now i'm not sure is this a Super Diesel issue or clutch or engine. Car dont really go above 45miles speed even in 5th gear.

please help.

Thanks in advance

Kedar

Edited by kedar301 on 04/08/2011 at 13:20

Avensis d4d t3x - 2004 - Avensis Under Performances (clutch/Super diesel?) - unthrottled

for couple of days i enjoyed less noice and smooth engine performance

Right. So the problem is nothing to do with the fuel.

when i got it serviced spent £250 the mechanic told me that clutch seems good and might work for anotther 6 months or so.

If the clutch isn't slipping, then that's not the problem either.

Is there a Check Engine Light appearing when the fault starts? There's a problem with engine fuelling. There could be myriad causes. It needs to go to a garage I'm afraid. There's a good chance it won't be expensive!

Avensis d4d t3x - 2004 - Avensis Under Performances (clutch/Super diesel?) - kedar301

i will need to keep an eye on engine fault light, just abit further information, when i do short journey like 3 miles in morninig to work it just dont get any problem, once i do any longer than 5 miles then it start showing this problem,

Yesterday after around 7 miles run while doing 3 point turn in a street car even stalled while reversing.

Edited by kedar301 on 04/08/2011 at 13:40

got complete diagnostics from Toyota Service Center, this turned up to be EGR blocked, now i need a photo of EGR if any one can get, i got it cleaned anyways but need to know that guy cleaned right stuff.

Avensis d4d t3x - 2004 - Avensis Under Performances (clutch/Super diesel?) - madf

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106241

5 seconds with Mr Google...