Sorry, very dull topic!! - Washing greasy overalls/work clothes - stuartl

My son has just started an apprenticeship for one of my customers who imports, tunes and develops high spec Jap sportscars (Nissan GTr's, Subaru's etc) and loves his job.

The workshops are almost sterile in cleanliness terms but he somehow comes home filthy most days! Aside of telling him NOT to wipe dirty hands on his clothing does anyone have any tips on the most effective way to wash dirty clothes?! Very boring topic I agree but I dont want him going into work looking dirty as their clientele are generally very well heeled (well they would have to be to spend the sort of money we are talking about)

Any help would be gratefully received! Thanks Stuart

Sorry, very dull topic!! - Washing greasy overalls/work clothes - Chris M

Well if you believe the adverts, one capsule and a 30 degree wash will bring his overalls up like new.

About 25 years ago when I used to have really oily overalls and detergent technology wasn't what it is now, bio washing powder and a couple of handfuls of washing soda did the trick.

Sorry, very dull topic!! - Washing greasy overalls/work clothes - jamie745

Is it too easy to suggest black overalls?

Sorry, very dull topic!! - Washing greasy overalls/work clothes - madf

Cover the worst stains with Swarfega and rub in with a light brush and leave for 20 minutes before washing. Loosens the grease and oil. And saves your washing machine seals which don't like grease...

Sorry, very dull topic!! - Washing greasy overalls/work clothes - Bedhead

Cheapest, nastiest Bio powder, a scoop of poundland oxy stuff and 95 degrees should shift the worst of it.

Sorry, very dull topic!! - Washing greasy overalls/work clothes - jc2

In the old days,we'd wash them in a bucket of petrol and dry them over a hot-air blower.No H & S in those days!