K11 Micra -- Handbrake warning light - mikem004
Nissan Micra K11 -- N reg 1.0L.
An intermittent fault. The "handbrake warning" light often comes on in mid journey. [Exclamation mark in a red circle.]
Just driving over a pothole can make it come on -- or when I brake at the bottom of a steep hill 1 mile after starting up in the morning.

* Seems to be worse on cold mornings -- maybe the sensor behind the handbrake arm?
* Brake fluid is Maximum; brakes seem OK. This Micra does not have sophisticates "low brake level" indicators as far as I know.
* Turning off and restarting often cures the problem -- an ECU issue?

Any ideas on this?
Thanks
Bruce
K11 Micra -- Handbrake warning light - the conductor
switch is fitted under handbrake lever. remove plastic cover by taking out two plastic caps on sides and you will see it. check movement probobly worn out. also try checking brake light switch on top of pedal could be causing problem. has car got sunroof?maybe water has leaked inti switch?
K11 Micra -- Handbrake warning light - mikem004
also try checking brake light switch
on top of pedal could be causing problem. has car got
sunroof?maybe water has leaked into switch?

No sunroof.
I presume you mean a switch under the brake pedal somewhere?
I've just thought, though -- maybe I am driving around with the brake lights on all the time!

Bruce
K11 Micra -- Handbrake warning light - paulbounty
the handbrake cable my be sticking, I had a N reg micra for four
years never had any problems with light, only when I didn't release it properly. the handbrake bracket can come loose on micra that would cause the light to come on when going over a pothole.
K11 Micra -- Handbrake warning light - Samee
Hi,

I have a Micra m reg.
Just this morning the handbrake warning light came on as I braked to go around a corner.

it stayed on all the way in to work, I'll try it on the way home...
Also a friend of mine has a N reg Micra and i know that he has the same problem...

I will maybe try some of the suggestions here.
K11 Micra -- Handbrake warning light - Pete F
I am not familiar with this car but the warning light described may indicate low brake fluid level. This would explain why it comes on when going downhill. Have you read the owner's manual?
K11 Micra -- Handbrake warning light - Alfafan {P}
I don't wish to hijack the thread, but my Alfa75 brake warning light comes on briefly every time I brake! It isn't the brake lights, low fluid, worn pads, it's a case of "they all do that sir." One of the joys of owning an Alfa, getting used to the quirks.