Peugeot 307 SW HDi (110) 03 plate - Car juddering at low revs only when accelerating! - joni

Can anyone advise please. A week after getting it through the MOT my car has started to drive horrid. I first noticed this when it was very windy and i thought it maybe the wind but as the problem got worse i realised it was the car. At very low revs the engine sounds like its missing? if that's the right term. When driving slow in either first gear, second, or third the car will sort of jolt / judder back and forth during low accelaration.This is very annoying as it feels like your a new learner driver - KANGAROO KID. Also you can hear the engine dipping or missing - the engine is very loud anyway so its quite clear. Its almost like you are hitting the revs on and off like a boy racer stuck at the traffic lights! but not to high extent. I've noticed that if you put the foot down and get it moving past 50 you can't notice this but during normal traffic conditions at 20 / 30 / 40 or even and slower it happens quite bad.This morning I placed the car in neutral and slowly reved the engine up to about 1000R and kept the position still, you could hear the engine reving up and down and my foot was very stirdy.

Noticed a slight change with the needle but nothing big. Hope i made that pretty clear and my only question is ..... WHAT IS GOING ON GUYS .. thanks for any help

Edited by joni on 17/06/2011 at 16:57