Audi A6 Saloon - Fuel Injectors - GregB

Please please please help, I am the owner of an A6 that has had the usual oil pump failure problem, but this has gone onto further issues, after not going through Audi (they wanted £7500) to get the engine re-built i took it to an independant engine re-contioner, they charged me less but now i can see why, I am left with a re-build engine minus 4 injectors which they cannot source. Does any one out there know of some where i can get hold of 4 recontioned diesel injectors for a pd engine (part number 03G130 073D) with out having to sell my children :-( Any help greatly appreciated as i have now been with out my car for coming upto 4 months

Audi A6 Saloon - Fuel Injectors - Big John

Why do you need new injectors? Year of car?

With PD injectors the oil pump/crank should have failed long before the cam operated injectors AND cam shaft are damaged. Be aware there are two types of injector 1) Reliable Bosch solenoid pre about 2005 ish 2) Unreliable siemens piezo

If you do have to replace them make sure you get the latest revision (ask dealer!) and also replace the injector wiring loom at the same time as it is a common failure particularly when disturbed

Audi A6 Saloon - Fuel Injectors - GregB

Hey Big John My car is a 56 plate, and all i have been told is that 2 definetly possible 4 of the injectors are knackered, not sure if this was done prior to or when the engine was taken out for the re-build, the injectors them selves are the Siemens one's (so ive been told)

Sadly the Siemens piezo injectors are very prone to failures usually causing the engine to cut-out usually in the outside lane of a motorway leaving you with no engine, brake servo or power steering!! Search on this site for endless tales of woe.

If it is the Siemens ones I would recommend new injectors and a new injector wiring loom, still confused as to why they have failed during rebuild though.

J..

Audi A6 Saloon - Fuel Injectors - davmal
Why no brake servo?

Presuming you press the clutch down to keep momentum you no longer have the engine driven vacuum pump running. Brakes initially OK but servo stops working after a couple of brake pedal operations

Audi A6 Saloon - Fuel Injectors - unthrottled

I normally get about 5 pumps of the brake pedal with the engine switched off (sitting traffic facing downhill). Why would you be pumping the brake pedal anyway-you only have to bring it to a halt once.

Same with the non-issue of the power steering pump. The steering becomes heavy but it still works. As long as the wheels are moving you'll have no problem.

If you come to a halt and need to move it-just pop it in first and use the starter motor.

Audi A6 Saloon - Fuel Injectors - Collos25

They are 390ukp each on ebay new for these Siemens injectors.There is a injector company in Elland that will recon your old units.