Fiat panda ECVT - mercedes-owner
Hello, i am interested in buying a 1994 fiat panda 1.1 auto. I was wondering if its a good deal at £300 with 46000 miles, and history, and also what could be making a ear hurting squeak/grind when i turn the steering wheel to the right, and a rumbling from the engine when the car is in drive whilst stopped. i would buy it if its only going to be about £100 to fix.
Fiat panda ECVT - googolplex
I'd stick to micras if I were you!
Splodgeface
Fiat panda ECVT - mercedes-owner
i would but its not for me, its for my sister, who thinks the panda is a nice colour and 'cute' (and slow, noisy, tinny, unreliable, and doesnt have any creature comforts).
Fiat panda ECVT - Hugo {P}
Steering Noise:- As far as the noise when the steering wheel is turned to the right is concerned, I would do this while the car is stationary and check to see if anything is near the front roadwheels. There may be an obstruction from the mud flap or such like.

The stopping in Drive:- the engine will be under a heavier load and most autos suffer from this (well most I've driven in anyway). When you take the brakes off the car will obviously creep forwards if you're on the flat. This is because there is a viscous coupling in place of your normal clutch and it is trying to push the car forwards. You shouldn't have a problem if the effect is similar to gradually letting the clutch out on a manual version.

Without seeing or hearing these issues it is difficult to be an absolute judge. If the seller is happy for you to do this, why not arrange to get an opinion of a local garage, with him/her accompanying you?

First things first though - we're talking about a Fiat Panda. Does it benefit from the same anti rust treatment as the other modern fiats, or is it plagued with the metal moth that made the Fiats so famous in the 80's? I would check this carefully, under trims, sills, where water can get in and be trapped.