Ford Fiesta 1998 - Windscreen Wiper Faults - AJDenny

I have a 1998 Ford fiesta, and the Windscreen wiper fuse keeps blowing. I replace it and then it is fine for a few days. (I complete a thorough rain test (Watering can) and it is always fine, but then just blows after a few days. Can anyone help? I have traced wiring as far as i can each way, and sealed any points that may have had a leek through the wire coating. Please help :)

Ford Fiesta 1998 - Windscreen Wiper Faults - ukn75

The problem could be a bad earth, with an open circuit in the wiring loom, a live wire from the windscreen wiper getting in contact with earth and blowing the fuse intermittently. Check if that fuse is used only for windscreen wiper or other functions in the car could be used for the same fuse. Wiper stalk must be checked as well, could be short circuit. The other fault could be inside the wiper motor itself, internal fault, for example overheating, wiring, where it should be replaced itself, but best to get it in to an electrician garage as it could be one of these many things i just mentioned.

Regards,

Servicing Stop - Car Service Nationwide

Ford Fiesta 1998 - Windscreen Wiper Faults - AJDenny

Thats excellent help, thank you very much. I don't know of any specific car garages that are electrician specific, any idea of some in SE London, or maybe where i could look to find them! Thanks

Ford Fiesta 1998 - Windscreen Wiper Faults - pelin reed

The system’s dual-clutches are supposed to work in harmony to create an efficient, smooth ride. However poor design and manufacturing defects have created one of the most complained about problems on the road.

Thank You
Best Regards
Ford Repair Dubai Center

Ford Fiesta 1998 - Windscreen Wiper Faults - jc2

Thats excellent help, thank you very much. I don't know of any specific car garages that are electrician specific, any idea of some in SE London, or maybe where i could look to find them! Thanks

Internet or Yellow Pages! Auto Electrician not a garage.

Ford Fiesta 1998 - Windscreen Wiper Faults - galileo

Internet or Yellow Pages! Auto Electrician not a garage.

8 year old thread resurrected by a spammer in Dubai, these idiots have a poor grasp of geography, haven't they?

Edited by galileo on 11/12/2019 at 11:42