i10 Classic 1.2 kappa - Hyundai i10 2nd year service costs - MikeMyers

Quoted £303 for the 2nd year service. Car covers about 8000 miles per year. Cost seems very high. What on earth do they change or do ? Pevious highest service charge was about £220 on a vauxhall and I thnk that included a mot !

i10 Classic 1.2 kappa - Hyundai i10 2nd year service costs - Doc

This is excessive.

Most of the the work is checking. The oil and filter and air filter should be changed, along with the brake fluid.

Try a good local Independent garage (VAT registered) who will also stamp your service book.

See: http://tinyurl.com/3mxk73f

i10 Classic 1.2 kappa - Hyundai i10 2nd year service costs - Craigdm
First service on my Hyundai IX35, which is a much bigger vehicle, was £167.

Someone is having a laugh!
i10 Classic 1.2 kappa - Hyundai i10 2nd year service costs - unthrottled

Because the labour cost rises proportionally to size?? Bigger cars have bigger engine bays and are often easier to work on.

i10 Classic 1.2 kappa - Hyundai i10 2nd year service costs - davmal

"What on earth do they change or do ? "

Perhaps you could tell us. After all you have the literature.

i10 Classic 1.2 kappa - Hyundai i10 2nd year service costs - MikeMyers
First service was a reasonable £145. £303 is suggesting something expensive needs doing. I've never encounted this on a 15000 mile car. Perhaps they change the spark plugs? I guess I'm paying the price for keeping the car in warranty at a main dealer.

Mike
i10 Classic 1.2 kappa - Hyundai i10 2nd year service costs - Collos25
A lot of money for an oil change they have to get their 5 year gaurantee costs back somewhere.
i10 Classic 1.2 kappa - Hyundai i10 2nd year service costs - Doc
I guess I'm paying the price for keeping the car in warranty at a main dealer.

As I have said earlier, you don't need to go to the main dealer to keep the warranty.

This is confirmed in the car documents.

i10 Classic 1.2 kappa - Hyundai i10 2nd year service costs - colinh

Checking our local Kia website, the scheduled times for a 1.4 petrol is 0.6 hours at 15,000km and 1.1 hours at 30,000km. Unless you are paying central London labour rates, I'd get an alternative quote

i10 Classic 1.2 kappa - Hyundai i10 2nd year service costs - daveyjp

Your service book will itemise what is required. It will probably be a major service so new oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter (if fitted) and quite often after two years a brake fluid change.

Main dealers know how to charge for items like air and fuel filters and brake fluid change.

We were advised our Aygo pollen filter needed changing at its second service and we were quoted £60 - when I inspected it it was very clean as the car had only done 6,000 miles.

I did it myself earlier this year. The part was £7 at Eurocarparts and took me 30 seconds to fit. Not bad work if you can get it.

So check the schdules and see which parts you can change yourself -you can still buy OEM parts from Hyundai, but why pay for labour for easy jobs?

i10 Classic 1.2 kappa - Hyundai i10 2nd year service costs - galileo

I just had the second service (at 18000 miles) on my i30, including brake fluid change, new spark plugs and a wheel balance check, total ( incl VAT) £256.15. Your dealer's rates must be more than mine here in West Yorkshire?