honda fr-v - buying a used diesel honda fr-v - jammymummy

We're looking to buy a used honda fr-v, and think that the diesel is probably the best for us, but can only really afford ones with 100k on the clock. Will we be being stupid if we buy one of these?

honda fr-v - buying a used diesel honda fr-v - Roly93

Surely this is illogical, if you know you can only afford an FRV with mega miles why are you only looking at this particular car anyway ? There aren't many of these around as they didn't sell very well and got withdrawn.

honda fr-v - buying a used diesel honda fr-v - jammymummy
We're looking at these because we want an mpv with boot space and most 7 seaters, as soon as you use the back seats, don't have any of this.
honda fr-v - buying a used diesel honda fr-v - Roly93

Believe it or not my brother in law had a 56 plate one of these, but I dont see how it is a 7 seater.The FRV is 3 + 3 seating and its only gets away withis because it is a bit wider than a similar sized car. In fairness though there aren't many cars of this size that can seat 6 and have a small boot as well. From what I've seen though it would have to be 6 very slightly built adults to fit in any sort of comfort !

Also, my BIL says that the diesel is dissapointingly thirsty and he is a cautious and gentle driver who talks of doing 80 on the motorway as a major event !

honda fr-v - buying a used diesel honda fr-v - frv
I too have a diesel FR-V and I drive it carefully yet I average over 50mpg and on my last fill-up, got 56.9mpg (nearly 640 miles).
It's a great car, 06 plate Sport bought from new, can't see me changing it for years. It's practical and I have had 3 adults, 2 children and a baby in one with no problems and yes, you still have a boot!
honda fr-v - buying a used diesel honda fr-v - Avant

When it came out it was well reviewed. I suspect that one reason why it (and the Fiat Multipla) didn't sell well is that many of us don't fancy the idea of a bambino in the front middle seat shouting 'Are we nearly there?' in your left ear.

honda fr-v - buying a used diesel honda fr-v - Sulphur Man

We have a petrol auto FR-V 1.8 EX, on an 08-plate. It's a brilliant car, and a superb piece of practical design. 6 individual adult seats, four Isofix points, flat floor, tons of room - my wife can simply walk across the back of the car and strap our 1-yr old and 3-yr old into their child seats. We've had 4 adults and 2 babies riding on many journeys, with all their necessary luggage in the boot and everyone travelling in comfort (the leather seats are top quality too)

For the record, it's narrower than a C-Max, shorter than a 3-series with more boot space than a Golf.

Edited by Sulphur Man on 07/07/2011 at 16:22